- Scientific name: Brassica napus L. Sp. Pl. 2: 666. (1753).
- Common name: canola, rapeseed, swede, rutabaga
- AK NT GR BC AB SK MB ON QC NB NS PE NF LB
- Specimen information and Map.
- Chromosome numbers: n = 19; 2n = 38
- Canadian status: introduced, adventive
- Lifeform: annual or biennial
- Ecology: rarely sub-arctic: garden escape; cultivated and abandoned fields (wheat, barley, oats, corn, rape), dry talus and gravel slopes, river shore; roadsides, railways and waste places
- Date modified: