- Scientific name: Hesperis matronalis L. Sp. Pl. 2: 663. (1753).
- Common name: dame's-rocket, dame's violet
- [AK] BC AB SK MB ON QC NB NS PE NF
- Specimen information and Map.
- Chromosome numbers: n = 7, 8, 12, 14, 16, 24; 2n = 12, 14, 16, 24, 26, 28, 32
- Canadian status: introduced, naturalized
- Lifeform: biennial or perennial
- Ecology: weedy escape, old gardens and fields, thickets, rich moist woodlands, streambanks and flats, shingle and sand beaches; roadsides, railways and waste places
- Date modified: