- Canadensys - The mission of Canadensys is to unlock the specimen information held by Canadian university-based biological collections and share this via a network of distributed databases, compatible with other biodiversity information networks like the Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility (CBIF) and the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF).
- Canadian Register of Marine Species (CaRMS) - CaRMS is the marine component of a larger project attending to compile and manage an authoritative list of all aquatic (marine, estuarine and freshwater) species occurring in geographical areas of interest to Canadian scientists and to establish a standard reference for aquatic biodiversity research, conservation and sustainable management. The taxonomic scope of CaRMS covers species from the three realms of the ocean: the seafloor (meio-, macro- and megazoobenthos; micro- and macrophytobenthos), the water column (phytoplankton, zooplankton, nekton) and the sea-ice.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) - GBIF was established by governments in 2001 to encourage free and open access to biodiversity data, via the Internet. Through a global network of countries and organizations, GBIF promotes and facilitates the mobilization, access, discovery and use of information about the occurrence of organisms over time and across the planet. [http://www.gbif.org/]
- NatureServe Canada - A Network Connecting Science with Conservation - NatureServe Canada provides scientific information about Canada's species and ecosystems to help guide effective conservation action and natural resource management. [http://www.natureserve.ca]
- Ocean Biogeographic Information System (OBIS) - OBIS is an evolving strategic alliance of people and organizations sharing a vision to make marine biogeographic data, from all over the world, freely available over the World Wide Web. OBIS is tailored towards global awareness of our oceans and global contribution to knowledge about our oceans.
- Plant Gene Resources of Canada (PGRC) - PGRC is a network of centres and people dedicated to preserving the genetic diversity of crop plants, their wild relatives and plants present and unique in the Canadian biodiversity. The system plays a significant part of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's commitment to the Canadian Biodiveristy Strategy [http://pgrc.agr.gc.ca/about-propos_e.html]
- VASCAN - VASCAN is the Database of Vascular Plants of Canada. It is a comprehensive list of all vascular plants reported in Canada, Greenland (Denmark) and Saint Pierre and Miquelon (France). VASCAN is literature-based, though recent additions are sometimes specimen-based. [http://data.canadensys.net/vascan/about/]
- Date modified: